Improvements are a card type that apply a unique persistent effect to the lane they are attached to. Currently, all improvements are cross-lane cards, able to be played into any of the three lanes.
- Improvements are not units, creeps, or spells.
- Improvements do not occupy combat positions.
- Improvements last until they are destroyed by effects that specifically destroy improvements.
Each type of improvement is distinct.
- Must be manually activated. Is ready to be activated as soon as it is played, then goes on cooldown. Has 6 spikes surrounding its icon.
- Triggers when a specific event occurs or a specific phase begins. Has 3 spikes surrounding its icon.
- Provides an ongoing, always active effect to the lane. Has no spikes surrounding its icon.